Terms and conditions
0 Important information:
– You need to hike a steep hill to arrive at the treehouses, it takes approx 20-30 minutes on a trail with stairs and uneven ground.
– No pets allowed
– Max 4 people
– We reserve the right to cancel your booking in rare cases of extreme weather conditions.
We at Woodnest are concerned that you trust us and how we process your personal information. In this privacy statement, we therefore explain why we collect information about you, how we use this information and how we take your privacy into account.
Personal information is information and assessments that can be linked to an identifiable individual. This can be, for example, name and contact information, purchase history or information about interests.
Use of personal data must comply with the Personal Data Act. We, as the data controller, will ensure that we use personal information about you in accordance with the rules of law.
2 What personal information do we have about you
Depending on what information you give us, how you use our services, and what permissions you give us, we have this information about you:
● Information about you: Information you provide when booking accommodation, such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
● Purchase information: Information we receive when you buy accommodation from us, such as what you have purchased, card number and payment method (Visa or Vipps).
● Communication: Information you give us when you contact our customer center, such as emails sent between us.
● Information about use of the website: Information we receive when you use our website, such as what kind of device you have (eg mobile or PC), IP address, which pages you visit and what functions you use there.
3 What do we use the personal information for
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
1. Place orders: We use information to complete your purchase to send you information, receive payment and save purchase history.
2. Customer service: We store information that you provide and receive if you contact us to provide service and manage your customer relationship.
4 Who do we share personal information with
We share personal information with companies that provide technical and administrative services to us, such as IT providers. We have agreements with these to ensure your privacy.
We may disclose information in individual cases, for example to public authorities, in case of suspicion of crime.
We use IT suppliers outside the EEA. If we transfer personal data out of the EEA, we ensure privacy through the conclusion of contracts. You can request more information or a copy of the security mechanisms we use to secure the transfer of the information.
We can also share anonymous information with partners for e.g. market analysis and service development.
5 How long do we store personal information
We store information about you, only as long as it is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, or if we are required to store the information. The information will be deleted or anonymised when it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose. Below is an overview of how long we store your information:
● Purchase information: We will delete your card number three months after checking out of your stay. We store transactions and payment information for 5 years in accordance with the Accounting Act.
● Information about use of the website: We store information about your use of our website for up to 6 months.
● Communication: We store communication with our customers for three years, unless we need to store it longer, e.g. in connection with complaints or claims.
6 Your rights
You may have the right to ask us to:
● Provide you with additional information about how we process your personal information.
● Give you a copy of personal information about you.
● Update your personal information.
● Delete information that we no longer have reason to store.
● Limit or stop the processing of your information
● Oppose you automatic individual decisions, including profiling.
● Provide you with information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or, where technically possible, ask us to transfer this to another company.
● Withdraw any consent you have given us.
Be aware that there are restrictions on these rights. Feel free to contact us if you want more information about this.
If you believe that we process personal data in violation of the Personal Data Act, you have the right to complain to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority. Before you do this, we would like you to contact us so that we can answer your questions or clear up any misunderstandings.
8 Changes to the Privacy Statement
We will be able to update the privacy statement from time to time. You will be notified of significant changes. You will always find the latest version of our privacy statement on the website / app.
9 Contact information
If you want to get in touch with us, you can use the following contact information:
Contact person: Kjartan Aano
Phone number: +47 912 40 112
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Eitrheimsvegen 65, 5750 Odda